-
March 4th, 2006, 06:58 AM
#2831
Inactive Member
Comparison pics (Link from PA):
http://www.4colorrebellion.com/archi...mparison-pics/
I was ready to order it from Lik-Sang, but noticed by the time they'd have more in, the US release would probably be here.
Oh, and Tales of Legendia is quickly becoming my favorite PS2 RPG.
<font color="#345E81" size="1">[ March 04, 2006 02:58 AM: Message edited by: Xellos ]</font>
-
March 5th, 2006, 11:15 PM
#2832
Inactive Member
Just imported Tales of the Abyss and GGXX#Slash.
Now to find a cheap pirated version of Narutimatte Hero 3, and I should be done importing for a bit.
-
March 5th, 2006, 11:49 PM
#2833
Senior Hostboard Member
Im waiting for the european release of Slash before i buy it. In the meantime, i'll be obtaining it from an unknown japanese acquaintance on April 13th.
I heard Tales of Legendia has a great story. Namco arent bringing it to europe though, so i'll need some more convincing before i import it. Is it anywhere as good as Tales of Eternia or Tales of Phantasia?
-
March 6th, 2006, 12:07 AM
#2834
Inactive Member
The story's good, but the character development is what's amazing.
So far I like it more than ToP. I've never played ToE though.
-
March 8th, 2006, 01:51 PM
#2835
Senior Hostboard Member
Awesome. I loved Tales of Eternia because they gave you so many mini-games and sidequests. Plus, of course, the battle system was brilliant.
I just burnt myself a copy of the American version of FFIX (i have 2 original PAL copies in my possession, but was just curious), and i tested it out on my PSOne. All i can say is: wow. I compared it over and over to the PAL version, and its so much smoother to run around and battle. Plus, all the jerkiness in the FMV's is gone. I didnt realise our version was this far downgraded, i just made do with it at the time.
Anyway, my point is...im definitely importing FFXII. Especially now that the Famitsu reviews have been released, giving it a straight 10/10/10/10 (the sixth in history to receive the perfect score, along with Zelda: OoT and SolCal). This is the highest rating a Final Fantasy game has ever received from them, and even if it doesnt deserve it, at least we can rest assured it wont be a franchise exhausting botch-up like most Square Enix titles so far. I look forward to the 1st August US release date.
-
March 10th, 2006, 09:10 AM
#2836
Inactive Member
Damn? Perfect 10s? From the demo that came with DQ8, I didn't find it too sextacular.
Now I'm excited for it, a bit.
My friend's making me pick up FFXI again. He says it's alot of fun when you have a group of people to play with,a nd he does, so... yeah.
Plus 40 bucks for trying one month shouldn't be so bad.
-
March 10th, 2006, 05:10 PM
#2837
Inactive Member
I really want to Import FFXII, but I need a Japanese PS2. I hate using Mod chips.
Also, I have too many games that I need to beat. I'm in the middle of Dragon Quest VIII, Grandia III, Xenosaga II, I will soon have Kingdom Hearts II, Shadow Hearts, etc. I have a lot to catch up on!
Danny
-
March 10th, 2006, 05:39 PM
#2838
Senior Hostboard Member
Mmm, this is the RPG prime time. Sooo many of them are tumbling out for the PS2 now, im actually going to have to miss out a few out (probably DQVIII and Shadow Hearts to be fair).
Oh, and yeah. FFXII is going to be a lot meatier than a lot of us expected. Its funny though, after all these screen shots and reviews i only really got excited when i recently heard that the "Battle on the Bridge" theme from FFV (aka Gilgamesh's theme) is going to be used. The composer, Hitoshi Sakimoto, also said he arranged 120-130 different tracks for the game in the last 4 years, which puts it roughly on par with Nobuo Uematsu's efforts in FFIX. Whether or not its any good, we'll have to wait and see...
<font color="#345E81" size="1">[ March 10, 2006 01:50 PM: Message edited by: Cataferal ]</font>
-
March 14th, 2006, 08:51 PM
#2839
Inactive Member
My Tales of the Abyss just arrived. Installing it to the HDD as we speak.
-
March 14th, 2006, 11:00 PM
#2840
Senior Hostboard Member
Its meant to be really good. 10th anniversary Tales game from Namco. Tell me if its better than Legendia or Symphonia...
Bought Paper Mario and Skies of Arcadia Legends yesterday. Skies of Arcadia Legends seems to have lower quality battle music, but the graphics are imrpoved so far. I look forward to seeing the extras later in the game. Meanwhile, i havent touched Paper Mario. I bought it on a whim and im busy with Xenosaga now.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks